I want to start by thanking everyone who donated and made this opportunity possible! I am so blessed, words cannot express how grateful I am. This last summer I spent the summer working at a water park.... it was fun and I had an awesome tan by the end but I felt kinda like a slacker. I knew this summer I had to do something different. Something worth while, Something life changing!
I found out about the company Help-International through a poster in BYU campus (Help-International is not a company through BYU FYI). As I researched the company more I knew this was something I needed to do. If your are interested in learning more about the company I am going with, here is the link to the website. help-international.org
I found out about the company Help-International through a poster in BYU campus (Help-International is not a company through BYU FYI). As I researched the company more I knew this was something I needed to do. If your are interested in learning more about the company I am going with, here is the link to the website. help-international.org
The past few months have been a roller coaster. I feel like I have already learned so much and I am not even there yet! There is so much to do before I leave from getting a passport, buying my plane ticket, getting immunizations, and fundraising. I have loved learning and growing from this experience and can't wait to get to Tanzania! I leave May 10 and will get back June 20. I am so excited and eager to go and serve the people of Tanzania. I will be living near the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro Crazy right!!!!
For those of you who don't know where Tanzania is (cause I didn't before this). Here it is!
Most of my time will be spent working in an orphanage, teaching English, or teaching Literacy. I am working towards a degree in Elementary Education at BYU and can't wait to practice some of the teaching strategies I have been taught. It will be like a full time job with weekends off. Plus I get to take two vacation days where I hope to go on a Safari!
Well that's all for now! Don't worry more updates will come! Keep coming back for more information on my spring adventure!
For those of you who don't know where Tanzania is (cause I didn't before this). Here it is!
Most of my time will be spent working in an orphanage, teaching English, or teaching Literacy. I am working towards a degree in Elementary Education at BYU and can't wait to practice some of the teaching strategies I have been taught. It will be like a full time job with weekends off. Plus I get to take two vacation days where I hope to go on a Safari!
Well that's all for now! Don't worry more updates will come! Keep coming back for more information on my spring adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment