First try

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

KRISTO Volleyball Team


We had our first official practice! I seriously had the best time ever. When we showed up the coach of the team basically told me I was the person in charge and he just wanted to sit back and watch. Talk about intense! I was a little overwhelmed when I had about 25 young girls who do not speak English all staring at me. We started with some passing drills. Then at the end we all played on the court (which was just dirt). It was so neat to see all of the girls so happy and cheering. My team would come together and cheer “oooooohhhh yeeeaaaah” every time we got a point! They loved it!

 It was really neat to see all of them get so excited about volleyball! It reminded me why I love the sport so much! It was such a great time! On Friday we were supposed to have our second practice but we had a dinner so we could not show up. Kylie and I saw the girls on our team before we headed to dinner, they all came running toward us yelling “Kylie!” “Heather!” It was so cute! When the girls found out I could not come to practice they were super sad. I already love these girls! They are so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment