First try

Monday, June 11, 2012

Thank You Grandma Miller


Today (Monday June 11th)  we all went to the local orphanage we have been volunteering at. This was the Orphanage I chose to hand out the quilts that Grandma Miller made! At this Orphanage there are only few actual orphanages, most of the kids just come from extremely poor families. All of the kids were sooooooooo happy to get a quilt. The loved them so much and would not let go of them! It was super precious! As we were walking home from the orphanage all of the kids were walking with us. It was so cute to see all of them walking down the road hugging their quilts. It is starting to get a little chilly here, which means it is freezing for the locals, I know the quilts will be put into great use!

I also have chosen to give two of the quilts to Martha, the founder of the Albino Peacemakers Group. They have been going through such a hard time with the current events that have taken place. I know the quilts will be cherished and provide comfort where it is needed.

Thank You Grandma for you time and dedication to making the quilts I know they all loved them and the quilts will be going to great use!

No comments:

Post a Comment